Thursday, November 10, 2016

Week Twelve: In Class Assignment 'Blood Child'

1. What is your reaction to the text you just read?

What I felt after reading the story was disgusted. It was pretty sad an terrifying. I don't have clear picture of T'Gatoi but well, I think I just imagined the worst creature. It's kind of messed up how human and creature like T'Gatoi are being able to live together and human also know that the Tlic's purpose of getting close to human are to use them as host animal.

2. What connections did you make with the story? Discuss elements of the story which you were able to connect.

I have the similar feeling when I read the vampires  stories couple months ago, how they have no choice but drink human blood to love and survive. As same as T'Gatoi, she doesn't have a choice either. She needs human to carry her eggs. The connection I make is similar with pregnancy. It is just as scary as having a baby and give birth to a child. Also, if I am T'Gatoi, I think I will feel like I have a pet, feed it, watch it grows up, and then killed it for food. The relationship of T'Gatoi and human is like human with animal in real world. I feel bad for T'Gatoi because she has no one, even humans that she trust, raise, feed, and take care of are thinking of hurting and killing  her. Gan doesn't know what she thinks about human, he doesn't know if she thinks of humans as her host animals, friends, or family, or even anything. He doesn't know what T'Gatoi is either and he is clearly scare of her at some point. He chose not to run away at the end because he has no choice too. If it is not him, then it will be his sister or brother and he doesn't anyone gets hurt like Lomas. If I am T'Gatoi, I will feel hurt inside if one day my pet bites me or something. I will feel like my pet betrays me but I also betray him too if I am thinking of eating him.

3. What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What change would you make?

I would adapt this story into film because I think film is the easiest and the best medium to tell the story. It is also fun too. I would make T'Gatoi looks really disgusting but not too disgusting because I feel bad for her and I want the audience to feel the same way too. I will make her look like a mermaid or medusa, just some parts that look like humans to not gross the audience out. Another medium which I think it will be fun to adapt it with is to make it into game. Thinking about making a game about this story makes me kind of excited because it's so gross. If it is for game, I will make T'Gatoi super disgusting though because I want to make the player to Gan and he has to find a way for his family and himself escape from the Tlic. That would be fun, killing the Tlic and see them explode and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment