Monday, November 28, 2016

Week Fourteen: Science Fiction Parody and Satire

‘I Think We’re All Bozos on This Bus’ was made by The Firesign Theatre in 1971. It is a comedy recording and it is actually the first time I listened to this kind of thing. At first, it was kind of confusing to me because there is no picture or anything but I think the recording is really amazing for people in 1971. I can easily imagine the pictures and everything myself, I kind of know that it took place in some science or future fair because there are a lot of robotic sounds and the characters interacted with them throughout the story recording. It is pretty funny because I feel like the main characters didn’t know what were they doing because all the future and robotic stuff are so new to them so they made a lot of mistakes which entertaining for the audiences. Curiosity is a very powerful thing in my opinion but it is also dangerous. Curiosity is a strong desire to learn or know something which means people try things that they don’t even know if it is safe or not. Because of curiosity, people try new things and get out of their comfort zones which are nice and exciting but I also think that it is one of the reasons that cause some people to die young or cause problem or do stupid stuff.

Listening to recording is pretty fun and entertaining even if it is kind of hard to understand at first. The way all the sound were made in ‘I Think We’re All Bozos on This Bus’ is great, it is amazing how they can created all kinds of noise. Those sound effects help me imagine the scenes, emotion, and movements.


No comments:

Post a Comment